Was laying on my bath tub with bubbling bubbling and duck-ling duck-ling floating here and there.. having my bath this morning.. The moment the water splashed on my face.. Wah Wah~~ so refresh... YES!! is new month, counting the next 26th.. counting the salary.. how i'm gonna use it.. bla bla bla..(change my car tyre.. service service...)
"Would you rather be right, or be happy?'' As a human-being, whose wish to being wronged? Don't care about WIN or RIGHT.. If you win, the other will not be happy, same if happen the other side.. Why not choose to be HAPPY together? Being together for quick some times... Sure have the own way to communicate..
Today I'm gonna introduce the MATERIAL that being use, what and how they works.
1.Incense Stick - Is one of the major MATERIAL when praying, it is use for those prayer who wish to convey some message for their God or Good Brother(GB). 2. Candle - One type of candle from others, with different of culture or religion had different story.. Am not so sure which is which.. so.. as i know, it is part of praying stuff. 3.Biscuit and sweet - normally when we pray GB, it is included in that, it play a role of FOOD, suggest you guy buy something sweet, don't choose the MINT or SPICY thing.. normally if the GB include child or baby, they won't eat it..(it same like children in real world)
4. Gold & Silver Money - It is a type of money that can be use at Hell.. 5. Hell Bank Note（陰司紙）- normally it come with two type, 10000000 or 5000000 DOLLAR??!! (don't ask me where to use, what they buy, how they spend so much, how much was the iPad over there.. I have no idea.. XD) 6. Road Pass Money（過路錢）- this is important (I THINK...), it play a role as MONEY too.. BUT it is different with the Gold & Silver Money（金銀紙）and Hell Bank Note（陰司紙）, it use as when praying, asking others HUMAN away from that, and it can be use as when GB pass by some place or reaching the ''Place'', can be pay for other GB..(more or less it mean BRIBE..)
7. Paper Cloth（紙衣-七彩衣紙的一種）-it is cloth for GB.
8. ''Wang-Sheng'' Paper（往生紙）-it is very thin paper that printed different type of SCRIPTURE,
9. Seven Colour Paper（七彩衣紙） - Same with Paper Cloth, but it comes with unfold/unmodified plain colour paper, normally prayer will fold it into ''SHIP'' shape for easy burn..
10. ''Gui-Ren'' Paper（貴人紙） - it is a type of paper printed with 東方貴人，西方貴人，南方貴人，北方貴人，財昂星君，帶材童子 and 童男貴人. It come with many different type of ''Gui-Ren'' Paper, normally we choose that one without writing our data/name (prayer data needed for Singapore Version of ''Gui-Ren'' Paper )
So, this is the simple intro about the MATERIAL that normally use up for Ghost Month, different culture have their own style to praying, different 籍貫 have different praying culture too..
Suggest to ask opinion from the seller who sell those MATERIAL..
THIS POST YOU MAY CHOOSE TO BELIEVE OR JUST READ..
I believe that most of the Chinese all around the world (Especially Singaporean and Malaysian) know that start from 17August 2012 till 30th August was ''Ghost Month''..
And being a Chinese that religion was Taoism will have a praying ceremony at the road side(拜路邊）..
Well.. We know 拜路邊，but how many of you know how to pray? What to prepare？ When to pray?
This post I gonna share the way to pray to everyone.. =)
Let's start when/what to pray
As the culture of ''Ghost Month'', we have to pray for ''好兄弟''(''Good Brother''..those spirit..) at the day before 1st day of July(Lunar Calender) and 13th of July(Lunar Calender)... As we know.. ''Good Brother''(Okie... or ''Good Sister'') will come out for their ''New Year''...(Human can celebrate New Year.. so.. they got New Year too!!) specifically I'm not sure how they celebrate..
As we watch movie or google-ing.. GB/GS can't stay below the sunlight... so.. we have to pray at evening around 6 or 7.. cant be too late.. because night time they will be more 阴(pronounce as YIN, more ''powerful'') human like us will be easily being ''disturb''..
The thing to Prepare..
Refer as below for the thing have to prepare..
1.Incense Stick (香） 2.Candle (蠟燭） 3."Gui-Ren" Paper (貴人紙） 4."Wang-Sheng" Paper (往生紙） 5.Seven Colour Paper (七彩衣紙） 6.Paper Cloth （紙衣-七彩衣紙的一種）-Another type of Seven Colour Paper 7.Gold & Silver Money （金/銀紙） 8.Road Past Money （過路錢） 9.Biscuit & Sweet （餅乾和糖果） 10.Hell Bank Note (陰司紙）
Basically, we will need this to pray, but you may add more different or more others thing for the praying ceremony.. Get consult from the shop owner who sell that..
Some SUGGESTION for you guys to praying..
1. Normally we praying for GB/GS, one thing in mind is FAST.. BUT not to just simply pray and go.. what I mean is, do the necessary.. take it seriously..
2. NO JOKING, just pray!! NO TALKING, NO CHIT-CHAT!!
3. Don't bring your children together.(Besuase small child still young.. easy get disturb)
4. Normally we will pray with some biscuit or sweet, remember, don't pray those sweet with MINT flavour.. such as HACKS, MENTOS.. They prefer something SWEET.. (this my papa always remind me.. ) BTW, Coffee flavour still okie..
5. Make sure those paper money burnt well.. DON'T LEAVE ANYTHING..
6. Most of the people said, DON'T EVER TELL OR SAY YOUR OWN NAME - normally we will say something(念念有詞..) but REMEMBER, don't ever tell your name..
7. PLEASE RESPECT THEM AS YOU RESPECT HUMAN... UNLESS YOU NOT RESPECT PEOPLE AROUND YOU.. YOU WILL KNOW AFTERWARDS!!!
Normally we will have a lot of things to burn, such as paper money(陰司紙，過路錢，往生紙，七彩紙，紙衣..) - for those can be fold as 元寶(YUAN BAO, a type of money) , it is much more easy to burn.
It is a lot.. ya... I mean really a lot.. you may fold all paper money in advance...
Actually those spirit is like normal human.. just they are live at their own world.. IF you didn't disturb them.. They won't disturb you.. IF you do so OR you ''FEEL'' something.. just pray again.. try to talk to them when you are praying.. burn more money or cloth..
PLEASE RESPECTTHEM AS YOU RESPECT HUMAN... UNLESS YOU NOT RESPECT PEOPLE AROUND YOU.. THEY HAVE EMOTION TOO.. DON'T OVER DO OR SAY SOMETHING..
KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 9 — The speed limit along federal and state roads will be reduced by 10km per hour (km/h) from Aug 12 till Aug 26 during the festive season, said Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha.
Hence, he said the speed limit along federal roads would be 80km/h and state roads (70km/h) for two weeks as a measure to reduce accidents during the festive season.
Speaking to reporters after launching the Aidilfitri Integrated Road Safety Campaign at the South Integrated Terminal here today, he said heavy commercial vehicles other that those ferrying perishable goods were barred from using expressways on Aug 17, 18, 25 and 26.
On the Automated Enforcement System (AES), he said it was still at the trial stage and was expected to be fully operational later this year.
He said the system had been installed at 10 blackspots and was being tested before they come into operation in stages.
As a warning to motorists, notice boards on zone speed cameras will be put up within two km from the location, he added.
Kong said JPJ would conduct inspections on public transport at 32 major terminals while JPJ officers would disguise as passengers on board express buses during the festive season. — Bernama